We will NOT keep records or check that the vaccinations have been done before we accept your dog. Your dog must have a Rabies vaccination done between 4 and 7 months old, thereafter every year OR according to the instructions of the vaccine manufacturer. Last mentioned is the law and dog owners responsibility to ensure up to date Rabies vaccine certificates. Other vaccines are not compulsory for your dog to board at Windhoek Pet Lodge.
- Customers should familiarise themselves regarding “kennel cough”, we are unable to detect a carrier of the virus entering our Pet Lodge (this is not a life-threatening disease). Neither you nor the Pet Lodge can prevent or take precautions against Kennel Cough.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Female and small breed dogs older than 6 months must be neutered. Large breed Male dogs older than 5 months must be neutered.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Please treat your pets for parasites prior to arrival if necessary. If any infestation is found on your pet, we reserve the right to treat them accordingly at the owner’s expense. Kindly also deworm your pet.
- Escape behavior: Pet owners should come and inspect the premises and advise accordingly. The owners of a dog with escape behavior that escapes accept full responsibility.
- Bedding, medication etc. must be clearly marked. No responsibility is taken for collars, leads, containers, bedding or medication etc. left at the premises.
- Items being destroyed by your dog will be charged for.
- If your dog is not well socialised with both other dogs AND people your dog might be dangerous to the other dogs or to our staff, it is important and YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to inform us appropriately.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- I understand that if any payment is not made prior to or at any mutually agreed upon time, my account will be handed to a debt collection agency for further handling. Outstanding accounts will attract interest at 2% per month.
- Boarding facilities are by law not allowed within Municipal boundaries therefore we have to deal with the distance when Veterinary services are required for your dog. We will transport your dog to the vet, wait there or go back later to pick up your dog. We will add $600 to your bill for this service. We will use a Veterinary facility that is available and most convenient for us at the time.
- Although every possible care will be taken with your pet while at our facility, Windhoek Pet Lodge and its staff do not accept liability of any kind for accidents or illness that might affect your pet or for any associated Veterinary bills. All animals are accepted solely at owner’s risk.
- Perennial area not shaved, and excretion subsequently getting stuck, we will add $50 to your bill for shaving and cleaning.
BOOKING AND CANCELLATION POLICY PERTAINING TO PEAK SEASON:
Out of season cancellations will not attract any charges.
Peak season includes the following periods:
– 30 April to 8 May
– 21 May to 29 May
– 20 Aug to 28 Aug
– Christmas-New Year (10 Dec – 10 Jan)
7.0% will be added to the Price for bookings during the peak season.
A minimum booking period of 14 days applies over the Christmas-New Year period.
Bookings are made online and a deposit is not required to secure your booking.
Cancellation of your booking more than 15 days prior (60 days prior in the case of
Christmas-New year) to the commencement of your booking during peak season will not attract any charges.
However, you will be liable to pay the full amount for the dates booked if you cancel your booking less than 15/60 days prior to the commencement of your booking during peak season if we are unable to fill the resultant vacancy. If we are able to fill the vacancy, no charges will apply, but this remains at our discretion.
In cases of partial cancellation (if the initial booking period is shortened), you may be charged for the original dates booked. This remains at our discretion.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation with this matter.